Question Paper of B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. I year Examination (FC- II, English Language & Indian Culture)
B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. I year Examination April 2022
Subject: FC- II
(English Language & Indian Culture)
Note: Attempt all questions
Q.1. Choose correct option: 01x50 = 50
01. John is ----- European.
02. Bhopal is a:
(a) Proper Noun
(b) Common Noun
(c) Collective Noun
(d) Material Noun
03. ‘Myself’ is a:
(a) Personal Pronoun
(b) Demonstrative Pronoun
(c) Interrogative Pronoun
(d) Reflexive Pronoun
04. Ram is better than:
05. I ---- to college daily.
06. ‘Tomorrow’ is:
(a) A noun
(b) A pronoun
(c) A verb
(d) An adverb
07. ‘Beautiful’ is:
(a) a noun
(b) a verb
(c) an adjective
(d) an adverb
08. A person who loves his country is called:
09. Antonym of ‘fear’ is:
10. Antonym of ‘knowledge’ is:
11. ‘Indigenous’ means
(a) without rest
(b) great sacrifice
(d) driving force
12. I ---- a pen daily.
13. ‘ness’ is a:
14. ‘im’ is a:
15. I --- to Delhi tomorrow.
(a) shall go
16. I ---- to Mumbai tomorrow
(a) am going
(b) was going
(c) have gone
(d) had gone
17. He looks ---- his parents.
18. Robert is an accused ---- murder
19. Which one is correct?
20. Which one is correct?
21. The poem ‘Where the Mind is Without Fear’ is written by:
(a) Rabindranath Tagore
(b) Sarojini Naidu
(c) William Wordsworth
(d) Toru Dutt
22. Rabindranath Tagore was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in the year:
23. According to Tagore, 'narrow domestic walls’ refers to:
(a) Small houses with narrow walls
(b) A house divided into rooms by walls
(c) Narrow minded thinking
(d) Broad minded thinking
24. Tagore compares a clear stream to:
(a) Dreary desert sand
(c) Dead habit
(d) Narrow domestic walls
25. In the sentence 'Where the mind is led forward by thee’; the word 'thee' refers to:
26. ‘Narrow domestic walls’ means:
(c) Social Prejudices
27. Antonym of logical is:
28. The poem ‘Where the Mind is Without Fear’ is addressed to:
(b) The poet
(c) The poet’s father
(d) The poet’s mother
29. Which of the following is a very famous work by Tagore?
30. Tagore prays for his countrymen in the poem ‘Where the Mind is Without Fear’:
31. ‘National Education’ is an essay by:
(a) J.L. Nehru
(b) Indira Gandhi
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose
32. When was ‘National Education’ published?
33. ‘National Education’ was published in:
(b) Young India
34. Who is known as the political guru of Gandhiji?
(d) Leo Tolstoy
35. Who is known spiritual guru of M.K. Gandhi?
(a) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(c) Leo Tolstoy
36. ‘The Axe’ has been written by:
(a) R. N. Tagore
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Raja Rao
37. What is the name of Velon's village:
38. Who foretold that Velan would live in a big house:
39. At what age did velan leave home:
40. Which tree was most dear to Velan:
41. After leaving the village where did Velan reach:
42. When old man became ill, Velan became the chief gardener:
43. The antonym of ‘poverty’:
44. A.L. Basham is an eminent historian of:
45. The earliest influence of ancient Indian culture on South- East Asia can be traced back to:
(a) 4th Century A.D.
(b) 5th Century B.C.
(c) 1st Century A.D.
(d) 9th Century B.C.
46. Vijaya, who is said to have conquered Ceylon first, was:
(a) a king from folk tales.
(b) a king from fables.
(c) a king from epics.
(d) a king from real life.
47. Gandhari was the devoted wife of:
48. C. Rajagopalachari is popular for:
(a) His retelling of the Mahabharata
(b) His retelling of the Kamayani
(c) His retelling of the Ramcharitmanas
(d) His retelling of the Panchatantra
49. C. Rajagopalachari is popularly known as:
50. Who is the author of the Mahabharata:
Post a Comment